EFAS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
EFAS is an organization extremely devoted to Education. We are sure that the way to go is to increase the level of expertise and information of the European Surgeons that embrace the field of Foot and Ankle Surgery.
This effort must be more effective
on young surgeons, because it’s obvious that the future is on their hands.
Also, we need that young surgeons feel that EFAS is a place for improvement and exchange of expertise and knowledge.
We are certain as well that research is the foundation
for the building of clinical excellence.
On the other hand, being confronted with different experiences and reality might be in lighting.
With this in mind, EFAS has developed for several years a program of travelling fellowships which has been
a success and that we intend to expand as soon as the epidemic situation permits.
In addition, we are starting, conditioned buy the sanitary situation, a project for Research Fellowships where the Fellow will spend some months on a select Research
Centre and develop a project on the Foot and Ankle field.
At the same time, we are selecting a group of Fellowship opportunities across the Continent and Internationally with a more Clinical environment, where the Fellow can integrate a Team on
a selected Centre with a renowned Tutor.
These opportunities are available through the EFAS website.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021 TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP WILL SOON BE OPENED
EFAS Travelling Fellowship offers a unique opportunity to young doctors to follow a fully immerse training with the leading European Foot and Ankle surgeons for the period of three weeks, observing and learning first hand, as well as exchanging best practice
in a tandem with another fellow surgeon - all while travelling across Europe!
EFAS believes this experience will greatly enhance endeavors of young doctors in a career as a foot and ankle surgeons!
2020 EFAS TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP
Due to the current pandemic situation, EFAS was forced to postpone most of the activities which needed physical presence and travelling.
The 2020 EFAS Travelling Fellowship had to be postponed to 2021. We plan to do it as soon as the global health
situation allows it, specially concerning air travel and border restrictions.
We will provide you more information as soon as it is available.
2019 EFAS TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP FINALISTS
Kirill Mikhaylov, Russia and Alexander Gerchev, Bulgaria
Fellows have completed a 3 week-long educational fellowship in the following medical centers
- 25-29 November, 2019 – Antwerp, Belgium ZNA Middelheim - Supervisor: Dr. K.Buedts
- 19-22 November, 2019 – Augsburg, Germany - Hessingpark-Clinic GmbH - Supervisor: Dr. M. Thomas
- 2-5 December, 2019 – Helsinki, Finland - University Hospital of Helsinki Unit of Foot and ankle surgery - Supervisor: Dr. O. Michelsson
- 6 and 7 December - fellows report at the EFAS Advanced Symposia in Helsinki, FINLAND
Click here to see the 2019 EFAS Travelling Fellowship Report
2018 EFAS TRAVELLING FELLOWSHIP FINALISTS
Mr. Piotr Badylak
Mr. Kar Hao Teoh
Fellows travelled to the following centers:
- 17 to 20 September - Hospital Quirón Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain - Supervisor: Dr. Jordi Vega
- 24 to 27 September - Centre Ostéo-Articulaire des Cèdres, Grenoble, France - Supervisor: Dr. Yves Tourné
- 1 and 3 October - CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland - Supervisor: Dr. Xavier Crevoisier
- 4 and 6 Ocotber - fellows report at the 12th EFAS International Congress in Geneva
PAST FELLOWSHIP REPORTS:
2018 EFAS Travelling Fellowship Report
2017 EFAS Travelling Fellowship Report
2016 EFAS Travelling Fellowship Report
2015 EFAS Travelling Fellowship Report
2014 EFAS Travelling Fellowship Report