- ABOUT EFAS
- Patient Info
WINNERS OF EFAS AWARDS
- 2018 EFAS Best Paper Award:
Dr. Karan Malhotra. Clinically significant gastrocnemius tightness in patients with foot & ankle pathology – how prevalent is it really?
- 2017 Elsevier Best Paper Award:
Dr. K. Dullaert, J.E. Hagen, P. Simons, F. Gras, B. Gueorguiev, R. G. Richards, K. Klos,
- 2018 EFAS Research Grant Award:
1. EFAS Research Foundation-Medartis Research Grant for Foot & Ankle Arthrodesis: Dr. Martin Wiewiorski “Clinical and Radiographic Outcome after Original and Modified Lapidus Procedure for Hallux Valgus Deformity – Prospective Randomized Multicenter Study”
2. EFAS Research Foundation-Medartis Research Grant for any Foot & Ankle Disorders: Dear Dr. Joris Robberecht “Biomechanical testing the role of the medial ligaments and tibialis posterior in stabilising the medial longitudinal foot arch and comparing spring ligament complex reconstruction techniques with a dynamic gait simulator.”
EFAS RESEARCH AWARD
The Selected research study will be remunerated with €1500 honorarium and an official EFAS recognition certificate. The second and the third best research studies will be also recognized and awarded with an EFAS certificate accordingly.
Research topics can include basic science or prospective clinical studies in the area of the ankle, forefoot, or hindfoot.
The following selection criteria will be applied:
1. The applicant must be a member of EFAS.
They will be evaluated by members of the EFAS Council, Research Committee, and Scientific Committee. The winner will be announced the last day of the congress/symposium.
If an abstract is selected for the EFAS Research Award session, the presenting author must register for the congress by the given deadline. In addition, the authors of the selected papers will be invited to write an extended abstract (2 A4-pages abstract).
Authors will have one week to accept the invitation, and another 3 weeks to write the extended abstract.
The EFAS Research Award winner will be stimulated to publish the paper with full publication warranty in the Foot & Ankle Surgery journal (the official journal of the EFAS) with the title “EFAS Research Award: [title of the study]”.
If the author wishes to publish the paper in another journal, the author is asked to write in the acknowledgment “This paper was winner of the EFAS Research Award [year]”.